Wednesday, August 4, 2010

KPE: To SPEED or NOT to Speed!

I have been driving on the KPE regularly for the last one month.  It has been an interesting observation for me.  Having heard of the many drivers who were caught speeding after the tunnel was open, I noticed that the speed level has gone up from 70km/h to about 80km/h or more!

Not wanting to be caught on camera, I have been the law abiding citizen keeping to the speed limit.  However, I noticed other cars tailgating me, making me feel like a road hogger on the highway.  On top of that, being at the edge of the speed limit, I am unable to filter into lane 2 as everybody else is running at about the same speed. 

As to whether they are caught by the camera, I doubt so.  
Although there are many cameras in the tunnel, these drivers are aware of which cameras actually capture the speed.  They are able to take a higher speed, making feel like I am just holding them back if I were in Lane 1. 

There are certain sections of the Tunnel that gives the warning, “Speed Camera Ahead”.  I do see some braking at these sections, but how can we be sure which are the sections where I could take up a little more speed and filter into the next lane?

Thus, the question to Speed or Not on KPE will be best answered by those of you who have at least received a warning.


Dayal Krishnan
Chief Operating Officer (LBS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say.